Crawfish Corn Soup

I made this for supper last night and Laura got to sample it! She sent a little hint that she wanted the recipe. Here you go Laura!!

Crawfish Corn Soup

1/2 stick butter; 1 cup chopped green onions; 1 cup chopped mushrooms, fresh or jar; 1 8oz pkg. cream cheese, softened; 1 can cream of mushroom; 1 can cream of potato; 4 cups half & half or milk; 2 cans corn; 2 cups crawfish tails; salt, pepper, and Tabasco to taste

Lightly saute onion in butter, then add mushrooms. Add cream cheese and melt, but do not boil. Add cream of mushroom and cream of potato. Mix well. Add both cans of corn. Season with salt and pepper. Add crawfish. Cook for 5 or 10 minutes. Add milk (I only used 2 cups of half & half and rest with milk) and a few dashes hot sauce. Simmer - DO NOT BOIL - for a few minutes.

I only used 1 can of corn. Brad's allergic to corn (just slightly!) and I was pushing it with corn anyway!!

Enjoy!


3 heart felt thoughts:

Laura said...

Yeah! You did it! Do you think I could use 2% milk instead of half and half? Is the cream cheese 3 oz or 8 oz? Perfect for the snow we had yesterday!!

Leigh said...

It's an 8oz cream cheese. (I changed the recipe in the post too!) I'm not sure about the milk. I did use 2% milk for half of the milk it called for and it was fine. If you try it, let me know!

Debs said...

Hi Leigh, I tagged you on my blog.