Early birthday present!

I got an early birthday present the other day!  Debs had my name in one of my stitching groups.  She is so *on the ball* and got it to me EARLY!!  We chatted back and forth a little bit and she was able to pick out my favorite things.  Pink, purple, hearts and breast cancer awareness!!  Just look!!

 

debs1        debs2

 

                                       debs3

 

I just LOVE all of it!  Aren't those scissors the cutest!!  Her son made the beaded thread counter - how sweet is that??  Thanks again Debs!!  You totally spoiled me! 

 

The boys were out of school on Friday for a teacher in-service.  I had big plans of spending the day making candy and getting my hair cut and high lighted.  Unfortunately, my plans changed.  My great uncle died and the visitation and graveside services were Friday afternoon.  He was a very sweet man!!  He and my paternal grandmother were brother and sister.  I have very fond memories of Uncle Ray and Aunt Evelyn. 

Here's picture of Jonah and Uncle Ray.  Last year, Jonah's class made cards for the veterans at the VA home.  They passed out the cards and sang several patriotic songs.  Jonah got to give his to Uncle Ray.  One of the local TV stations were there filming and Jonah was on TV, along with his class. 

                                              joanduncleray

 

We did get some Christmas candy made before I had to go the the funeral home.  We made fudge and dipped pretzels.  Jonah and I made a gingerbread house. He had a lot of fun with it.  I was so impressed - he didn't want it to look just like the box picture. 

gbhouse1 gbhouse2

I didn't take a picture of the finished house!  I'll do that and share it later.  I'm planning on taking some pictures of some of my favorite Christmas things to show y'all!  Hopefully I'll get to that before Christmas is over!! 

All of my pictures lately have been of Jonah.  I do have 2 other boys!!  These pictures are of Josh.  This is what he was doing while Jo was decorating the house...

sillyjosh joshgaming

 

Jake was hiding from my camera that day.  But here's a picture of him from Thanksgiving in Little Rock.

                                   jakeKK

Don't you love that old truck?? 

2 heart felt thoughts:

Laura said...

I have yet to do the gingerbread house thing with Alise, but I have bought one!

Love the present!! It is SOOOO you!!

Laura said...

You've been tagged!