Lots of catching up!

Time is just going so fast!  I can't believe October is almost over and my Jake is about to be 15.  Where did it go?  Seems like just yesterday I was praying to have a baby, then we were decorating the nursery.  Now he's almost 15 and trying to take driver's ed.  I'm going to stop now because the tears are coming!

Let's see, in the past couple of weeks, we've had a soccer tournament (placed 2nd!), a couple of football games and just life!

This weekend is Jake's first homecoming!  The game was last night and they won!  Tonight is the dance.  We've gotten the clothes and he is going to be so handsome!  My sweet mother-in-law is going to make the corsage and boutonniere.  Jake's girlfriend's dress is black and silver, so we got red roses for the flowers.  The GF will come over here around 5 to take pictures.  I sweet talked them into doing to pictures here in front of the pond.  Then we'll go to her house for dinner.  I get to help serve!!  After they eat, we'll take them to the dance.  When they get tired of dancing, they'll come back here to hang out. 

Thursday was Josh's Cub Bowl.  At his school, there are two 7th grade teams, red and white.  At the Cub Bowl, they mix up the 2 teams and they play each other.  It's a lot of fun!  We were late for the game because the almost 15 y/o had to add a few songs to his iPod before we left!!  I wasn't really worried about because nothing exciting happens at the first of the game.  Well, I was wrong!  We get there and walk up to *our* spot and Jonah's best friend was saying something about captain.  Then his mom said something else about captain and don't worry that she got pictures.  I'm a little slow!  Josh was one of the team captains that night!!!  And I missed it! 

Josh has a girlfriend!!  She's a cheerleader at his school.  So for the Cub Bowl, she painted his number, 81, on her cheek.  Well, since they did a big switcheroo, Josh's number got changed to 82.  Poor K!!  I think she took a little ribbing about it.  Her mom and I tried desperately to get a picture of them together that night in their uniforms but it didn't happen.

Now let's talk about soccer!  Jake had a tournament two weekends ago.  I never thought he would get as much playing time as he does!  He does a really good job as a defender.  They placed second in the tournament!!  I've never seen so many smiles on teenage boys' faces as I did when they put the medal over the heads!  Jake is just beaming!! 

I have pictures of all this but my card reader is acting up.  I'll get my nerdman to work on it and post some pictures.  

There's more to catch you up on, but I have to go clean the house to get ready for tonight! 

 

1 heart felt thoughts:

Laura said...

OMGosh!! A post!! I'm trying to figure out who "K" is for Josh, but I think I might know? Hmmm...