Wonderful news!

This is a miracle!! My very dear friend's, Debi, husband has a benign brain tumor. He went yesterday to Dallas for another MRI, to check growth, and to meet with the surgeon and oncologist. Surgery had been scheduled for June 12th. You can imagine the fear they had facing brain surgery. Well, Debi called last night and they've decided that surgery wasn't needed and it could be treated with radiation!!! This is just the best news!! His tumor is around the optic nerve so the loss of vision was very very real. Today they will find out if the treatment can be done in Baton Rouge, where they live, or if it will be in Dallas. The schedule is for the treatment to be for an hour a day for 6 weeks. I just cried and cried when she told me. God is so good!!

Not much going on around here except for baseball!! I think we play every day but Wednesday this week. It's fun though. Jonah has gotten so much better. He even hit a home run (not an over the fence home run but still a home run!!). His team is undefeated so far. Jake's team is doing pretty good too. I think they've only lost one game.

The love bug has hit our house this spring. Josh came home from school with a girlfriend!! You should hear all the advice his big brother is giving him!! I'm so sad my babies are growing up.

The Children's Choir musical is this Sunday. Jonah has a speaking part in the drama. He is soooo excited!! It was a little hard on Josh that he didn't get a part because he has a part in all of the past ones. But he has been very sweet helping Jonah get ready.

I have been selling some of my jewelry. A friend of mine that I work with has a booth in a shop and she has bought some to sell for me. I can't wait to see how it does. I just made a bunch of earrings to add to what I sent her earlier.

I almost forgot about the Josh story!! It's old news but it will be good to put it here to remember when I'm old and senile!! Josh was playing around and fell out of the swing and landed on his back. Of course, he was winded and couldn't breath. That
totally freaked him out. So he started running toward Brad, who was on the patio frying french fries. Apparently Josh passed out when he got to Brad and hit the fryer. He doesn't remember anything but waking up on the ground. He burned his arm in 2 places and on his cheek right under his eye.

We were mostly worried about getting Josh calmed down and getting him breathing again. The next morning he was complaining about his eyeball burning and his vision being blurred. I got him an appointment with Dr Bivens, b/c of course Dr. Stanley (our regular pediatrician) was on vacation. She tested his eyes and all he could see out of the bad eye was the big E. Then she looked for a corneal abrasion and there
was one. She got us an appointment with an opthamologist for the next morning. He checked Josh out and he was fine! The abrasion was totally gone and his vision was just like it was before!! Another miracle. The opthamologist seemed more worried about the wound on his face. His face looks great now. I'm just going to have to be really good about putting sunscreen on it this summer.


2 heart felt thoughts:

Laura said...

I had no idea that all that was still going on with Chris. I thought it was all overwith a few years ago? Yes, God is so good!

P.S. I'm glad you're back!!

Katrina said...

Leigh that's wonderful news about your friend's DH! Glad Josh is doing okay too.

I don't envy you the girlfriend thing, LOL. They are so cute but it's a teeny bit stressful, LOL.