Amaryllis, dances and graduation

Josh had a busy weekend this past weekend. Saturday night was the 6th grade mixer dance. The 3 schools that will join together at the junior high always have a dance so the kids can get to know each other. Yeah right! I don't think there was any mixing!! But they had fun. For Josh, it was the last time he'd be with some of his friends. His whole group of friends are all going to different schools. Since Josh has a sweetie now, he wanted us to pick her up in the convertible!! So we did. Poor thing, you know she had to be terrified!! We know her parents from work and church but still! She did not want me taking any pictures but I finally convinced her to let me take one. And of course it's blurry!!




Then he had graduation Monday!! He looked so handsome and grown!! He received the President's Academic Award. But I have to say, the graduation itself was horrible. Imagine 120 kids in the school cafeteria and all the parents, siblings, grandparents, aunts, uncles and friends. It was very hot and crowded. There were 6 valedictorians and they all gave short speeches. We could not hear a word of them. I was so disappointed. One of the boys that gave a speech was Josh's best friend and he has a great sense of humor. I wanted to hear his speech, but NO!! Then the other one I really wanted to hear was from a girl that had been diagnosed with Hodgkins lymphoma at the beginning of the year and has gone through chemo and radiation this school year and still maintained a 4.0 (doing her school work at St Judes). It's probably a good thing I couldn't hear it because I would have been crying my eyes out. Speaking of crying, I did not cry at the ceremony at all. I did get a little teary eyed afterwards when it hit me that this part of his life is behind us and he is getting older!! It was sad too to think about not seeing some of his friends and their parents again. The graduation pictures are on Brad's camera. I'll try to post them later.


My sweet MIL gave me this flower a couple of years ago. It just bloomed this year. Guess it had to think about whether it liked me or not!!



 







Posted by Picasa

1 heart felt thoughts:

Katrina said...

Woohoo off the junior high :-). Love the pics and your amaryllis is gorgeous.