Friday

I'm behind again!! Well, Jonah didn't have the flu, thank goodness. He just ran a low temp for 3 days. We watched a lot of movies and just hung out.

The other 2 boys have had a couple of good things happen. Jake and Rachel (his little *friend*!!) tied for 1st place in their category for the Social Studies Fair. Then Josh and his best friend placed 2nd with theirs. YEA!! They both get to go to regionals which is at ULM (our local college) on March 18. The funny thing about Josh's project is ( I really really shouldn't admit this but I will!!) it's the same exact project they entered last year. They got NOTHING with it. This year they placed 2nd. The only thing I can figure is that they were not as nervous and just wowed the judges with their speech. I'm very proud of them!!

We had a great weekend last weekend. Our church was doing DiscipleNow and we were a host home, which meant we had 12 9th grade boys. They were wonderful kids!! I've never seen so much food disappear in my life!! One of the boys made a profession of faith during the weekend!! I was so proud, you'd have thought I was his momma!!

Several of the boys go to the high school where Jake will go next fall. I was so glad to get to talk to them and hear their opinions on it. They love it. I was so nervous about him going to the junior high and he has just loved it. He's a totally different child. Much more outgoing and brave. He's played football and soccer. He's thinking about trying out for track. All this from my little boy who just used to read at recess. Anyway, I was glad to hear good things about the high school. You never hear the good things, just the bad. He's really excited about going. Me, I'm freaking out because he's growing up tooooooo fast. It's just gone by way too fast.

We just watched a really good movie with the boys tonight. It was The Martian Child. John Cusack was in it and he did a wonderful job!! The little boy that was in it is Jonah's age. Wonder if he'll wake up a martian tomorrow?!!

I haven't done any stitching or soldering lately. I think I'm in withdrawals!! My mom's birthday is coming up and I have a couple of things I want to make for her. Guess I should get busy!

We don't really have much planned for the weekend. Josh has his last basketball game in the morning and that's it! I may go look for a chair for the game room. I think I've picked out what I want. It's called a snuggler. Kinda like a chair and a half recliner. Decorating is not my thing!! I wish I had a personal decorator that could make all these decisions for me! I should post a picture of the chair and the room and let y'all decide.......maybe I'll do that! All I know is that I need somewhere to sit while we watch movies. The furniture that was in the room went to my mother-in-law's new house. So I sit in a folding chair while we're in there watching movies.

Hope y'all have a great weekend!!

0 heart felt thoughts: