Wednesday

Where to start??? Baseball season is over for Jonah! They had an awesome season! We're having the end of season party here Thursday night. My sweet hubby is frying fish, chicken, fries and tots for everybody. Then he's going to make his famous homemade Oreo ice cream!! YUMMY!!

Jake has 2 more games to go, then he's done. I think he's ready to be done. They started off the season great, then fizzled. Some of the guys have just quit doing their best.

Today is Josh's first day doing a full workout program at the junior high. Monday they maxed out. Some of his were great and some not so great. But he's never done weights before.

Yesterday, Jake was a man. One of his friends' mom died and he went 5 hours to the funeral. His friend has lost both parents, her grandfather and an uncle in a 2-3 year period. She is just 14. Brad mentioned to Jake that he should ride down with their youth minister for the funeral. I never thought he would, but he did. We talked about how good it would make his friend feel when she saw some of HER friends there showing their support. I am proud of him!!

Since Jake was with the youth minister for 15 hours yesterday, I asked him if he got some scoop on the youth group. He found out that every Thursday will be a *focus* day. That means NO ELECTRONICS whatsoever. Goodness!! Whatever will he do?? I told him that I would try (keyword there!!) to do it with him. I'll let you know how we do!!

Oh, I wanted to show you an online magazine that I have found! It's called Seasonal Delights. It's full of recipes, decorating ideas, crafts and fun! I think this issue is the best!! I want to try every recipe and I have already made one of the crafts! (It was very easy and fun.) Here's the address:
http://sdquarterly.com/ I tried to make it link but couldn't! Sorry!! Have fun!



2 heart felt thoughts:

Katrina said...

It's so wonderful when you start to see the men your sons are going to become :-).

Thanks for the link too!

Laura said...

Imagine my surprise when I found THIS!!!