Happy 4th!! (late!!)

Hope y'all had a great day yesterday!  We did.  Started out going for a walk.  My class reunion is at the end of this month and I need to shape up a little bit.  Think I can lose 20lbs in a month??  ha!!  When I got back from walking, Jake helped me with the flower beds.  We put down some pine bark mulch.  I HATE pulling weeds and my mom had told me to lay newspaper on top of the ground before I put the mulch down.  Unfortunately, we only had enough paper for one side!!  Looks really good on one side and very sad on the other.  Hopefully I can even it up soon.

Our niece spent the night with us Thursday night.  It was fun to have a little girl around!  She's 5 and loves all things girly!!  She even had a princess nightgown. 

Brad and Josh have been working on go-carts this week.  Josh loves to ride and the go-cart he's been riding has been giving him fits.  So Brad found a new engine for it.  Josh helped Brad put it on and he is so proud!  It's so easy to crank too.  Even I can crank it!! 

After we finished with the flower beds, we all took turns riding the go-carts.  We even got Anna to ride with me!  I think she liked it.

 

Brad barbequed chicken and sausage for us.  I made potato salad, baked beans, deviled eggs and angel food cake.  We all ate too much.  Good thing I went walking!! 

3 heart felt thoughts:

Laura said...

Sounds like my kind of July 4th!!

So you've decided to go to your reunion? Good for you!

Leslie said...

I can't believe you have a blog too! I am loving this soooo much!

Rachel said...

If you figure out how to loose 20 lbs in one month, share it with me! LOL Sounds like you had a fun holiday!