Happy Birthday Josh!!

Today is our middle son Josh's birthday. Twelve years ago he was born, on Father's Day! Josh always says he was the best Father's Day present ever. The joke was Brad didn't get me anything for Mother's Day that year and I wasn't going to get him anything either. Instead I gave him the best present ever!! Where did the time go? Seems like just yesterday he was a sweet little blond headed boy that said he first sentence at 10 months! I think that boy came here talking!!! He is my funny child. Always laughing or making you laugh. Now he is growing up. Going into 7th grade, working out getting ready to play football. He has the biggest heart of anybody I know. We always let the boys pick where they would like to eat their birthday dinner. A favorite place they always pick is the Japanese steak house. He wanted to go there tonight but wouldn't go because his big brother is away at youth camp. He knew Jake would be disappointed if we went without him. What a guy!! I was proud of him.

Here's my favorite picture of him. I know I've shown it before, but I love it!! He's my angel!!


We had a wonderful Father's Day yesterday. My dad and his family, my brother and his family, my aunt and mother-in-law were here. We had a house full!! Brad did an awesome job of cooking again!! There was nothing but a few french fries left. Yummy!! We got dad an iPod shuffle. Brad put some music from the 60's on it and he was in heaven!! I hope he had a wonderful day. He deserves it. He's a wonderful father. I know the day was hard on Brad. He misses his dad so much. It's hard to believe he's been gone for 2 years.

It has been a LONG day today. We got up at 4 this morning to have Jake at the church at 5 to leave for camp. UGH!! I'm ready for bed!!

2 heart felt thoughts:

Laura said...

Happy Birthday, Joshie!!

No, I don't think you should "publish" the family recipe. Family secret recipes are not meant to be shared. At least, via internet, but you can still share them with your best friend! Ha!

Katrina said...

Glad you had such a nice day! Brad's a sweetie to cook on Father's day ;-).