Our Progressive Dinner

We couldn't decide where to go for our anniversary. Thought about New Orleans, our favorite place to go because of the food!!, thought about Hot Springs, thought about Jackson and a few other places. We just couldn't decide what to do. How sad is that?? Had a babysitter for the weekend and everything. Guess I was being to practical with gas as expensive as it is. And everywhere we wanted to go, we kept thinking that it would be more fun with the boys!! Pitiful, I know!!

So here is what we decided to do: a progressive dinner!! We have several favorite restaurants here that we like different things. Our first choice was The Warehouse, where we had the Oysters Warehouse, baked oysters covered with special *secret* ingredients like bacon and Parmesan cheese!! I don't like oysters normally but I LOVE these!! Then we went to the next restaurant, the Waterfront Grill. There we had a delicious filet covered in a shrimp sauce. That steak was so tender I cut it with my fork!! Yummy! Now by this point, I'm about to die! We are splitting all of this but still!! Our last restaurant was the Brandy House. They have a wonderful pastry chef and the dessert menu is always different. Tonight our choice was the Disgusting Chocolate. It was a flourless chocolate cake (can you call it a cake since there is no flour??) topped with vanilla bean ice cream and a rich chocolate sauce! It was sinful to say the least. I will be doing some research (googling!!) to try to make this.

We had a wonderful night! This was very fun to do!! Oh, funny story about the oysters. They're served on the half shell on a bed of rock salt. After a little while, we were trying to figure out how many we had eaten so we'd know how many we each had left to eat. There were a dozen, supposedly, to share. So he counted, then I counted, but obviously somebody else didn't count! There were only 11!! I wonder what kind of dozen that is?? Definitely not a baker's dozen!!

I wish I had taken pictures of all this wonderful food!!

Laura, on the media fast, you can't get out that easy!! Steve said that you can't do this at work BUT you can start when you get home......so I think you should join us next Thursday!! lol


1 heart felt thoughts:

Laura said...

thanks for the message from ol' Steve-o! I'll have to do a whole heckuva lota praying about this before I can commit! Ha, ha!