Stitching and Cooking

In one of my yahoo groups, we did a color exchange. Here's some pictures of what I made Cheryl. She picked the color teal. I never thought about all the shades of teal! I ended up making most of her goodies. I'm not a good shopper. The strawberry chart and instructions came from Anita's Little Stitches. ( http://www.anitas-stitching-addiction.blogspot.com/ I tried to link to it but it didn't work! sorry!) It was supposed to be done in pastels, but I did it in teal for Cheryl. I think it turned out pretty! And the bookmark was my favorite! That's the prettiest one I've done.






My BFF Laura has been bragging on me and my cooking. Wait til she finds out what I cooked tonight!! This has got to be the EASIEST chicken ever and it's the BEST. All I did was put 4 chicken breast (frozen) in the bottom of my 21 y/o crock pot (it was a wedding present!!) and poured Pace Picante sauce over it. I cooked it on high for 3-4 hours, or you could do it on low all day. Then I took the chicken and shredded it and made quesadillas. Last time I made this I did about 8 breast and froze half of it. Makes for an easy supper when you're tired and don't feel like cooking.

I haven't talked to Jake all week until today. I'm missing him!! His cousin called me today and made him talk to me. Poor Jake. He wasn't feeling very good. Said his lunch wasn't agreeing with him. Hope he feels better soon. He'll be home Friday evening. I can't wait to hear all about his week.

2 heart felt thoughts:

Laura said...

I love those prizes!! Still waiting for my group...where ever they are!

Maybe Jake is just getting home sick! Probably missing his Moma as much as she's missin' him!

Katrina said...

I love the teal exchange, gorgeous.

Hope Jake has a good week!