Media fast, party and anniversary

We did it! Our first media fast (no tv, texting, radio, computer) was successful!! Of course it was helped greatly by the fact the we were getting ready for the baseball party at our house. I never really thought about how many times I walk by the computer to *just check my email*!! Then I would have to click on a link then just read this other website. Next thing I know, it's a 30 minutes later (or longer!!). The goal of this was not to make us miserable (!!) but to get us focused. Focused on what is important - God. I'm sure this is going to make a difference in our life!!

On the lighter side, I KNOW Jake stayed up until midnight so he could check his email and this game he plays!! Teenage boys!!

The baseball party was a hit!! Brad did an awesome job with the fish, fries, hushpuppies, cheese sticks and chicken nuggets. Our friend Wayne was able to get us fresh catfish from the catfish farm. Man oh man!! That was some GREAT fish!! Laura, please tell Wayne thank you thank you!!! Brad was finally getting to visit after frying all that food but it was time to start the ice cream. I was brave and got it ready. He is famous for this ice cream and I have NEVER EVER done it. But I wanted him to get to the enjoy the party too, so I did it! It was just as good as his! YEA! I have to tell you, I was nervous!!

Today is our anniversary!! 21 years!! That is just so hard to believe. When did we get that old?? Where has all the time gone?? Sometimes it feels like forever and others, it feels like yesterday. He is a wonderful man and treats me like a princess! It thrills my heart to know he still finds me attractive after 3 children and many extra pounds!! I love you!!

We have talked about sneaking out of town today for the weekend but I'm not sure if we will. Nothing like waiting until the last minute.....lol

Pictures from yesterday will be coming.......but don't hold your breath!!

1 heart felt thoughts:

Laura said...

Maybe you guys did make it out of town. I IM'ed you and got no response.

You go, girl, about the media fast. Luckily, I would be exempt from that fast because I have to use a computer at the office. (Whew! That was a close one!)